Series 5 Software - Discontinued
SADiE Series 5 software is suitable for:
- Audio recording, from mono to 128 simultaneous inputs;
- Audio processing - EQ, dynamics, level control;
- Mixing with automation, from mono to 5.1 surround;
- Professional mastering, for references or duplication masters;
- Recording and importing of video material for TV post-production;
- Location and outside broadcast recording;
- Remote controlled multitrack tape machine replacement;
- Speech editing for audio books and podcasts;
- Creation of compressed audio files for download;
- Remastering and restoration, including multitrack archiving;
- Multi-user project collaboration via network;
- Rushes/dailies conforming from tape or disk;
- Preparation of DVD and HD soundtracks.
Including many powerful features to simplify all recording, editing and post-production tasks, SADiE 5.6 is the most compatible workstation in the world, offering integrated exchange via OMF, AAF, AES-31, Pro Tools. Whether the rest of your facility uses Apple or Windows computers, SADiE can network and share projects with them. Audio files may be recorded in a wide range of formats, including WAV, BWF, AIFF, and even SDII onto Apple HFS and HFS+ drives.
SADiE's open architecture allows third party DirectX and VST plug-ins to be used within the SADiE software mixer, which complement the very high quality inbuilt processes such as EQ and dynamics control. A long-standing relationship with CEDAR audio, the best audio restoration specialists in the world, has resulted in the CEDAR algorithms being integrated into SADiE's EDL and mixer for very fast and flexible restoration.
Unlike less professional systems, all edits, levelling, mixing, and processing are performed in real time. This results in an amazingly fast user interface which positively rewards creative and artistic experimentation - knowing that a quick undo (up to 50 steps) is all that is required to step back. And for those of you who like to edit by ear, SADiE's audio scrub algorithms are the best in the industry.
A wide range of control options are available. SADiE 5 software supports mouse and keyboard-driven operation, SADiE's own hardware control surfaces, and may digital consoles or controllers such as those from Behringer, Mackie, Yamaha, SSL, and many others.
However easy it is to record and edit audio in SADiE, it means nothing unless the security and integrity of your work is assured. SADiE 5.6 includes many features which give you peace of mind, including:
- Mirroring of recordings to a secondary disk or network;
- Resistance to loss of audio if power is lost while recording;
- Timed backups of your work - SADiE creates discrete snapshots of your editing and mixing work in progress every 5 minutes, even if you never save it yourself;
- Failsafe recovery of edits and mixes in the event of power loss.