PCM8 Digital Audio Workstation - Discontinued
A PCM-8 system shown with optional hardware controller and monitor.
OverviewThe PCM8 is an 8 input / 8 output SADiE system running full SADiE software.
The affordable PCM8 is ideal for general purpose stereo and surround mastering applications, music and radio production and all general high-end and advanced editing requirements. It may be additionally configured to customer requirements to provide a range of additional functions from the extensive range available.
Software OptionsThe PCM8 can be supplied with a choice of SADiE software packages tailored to specific applications. For further information about the software features, please see the SADiE software page.
Hardware OptionsAt the heart of the PCM8 is a PCM series PCI DSP card with an 8 channel daughter card. This has a 44 pin D-sub connector to for connection to an optional 19" rackmount Break-out Box (BoB800). As a turnkey system, this is supplied in a 4u rack PC with keyboard and mouse (no monitor). Specifications of the host PC change periodically and there are various PC related options for HDD size, CD burner, graphics cards etc. Please contact us for details. This is currently supplied with Windows® 7 software.
In addition to the PC related options, there are also SADiE specific hardware options:
- CAT card "Control and Timecode" interface - provides synchronisation and 9-pin RS422 control features.
- Master Control panel: - provides a jog/shuttle scrub wheel, transport controls, timecode displays etc. Requires the CAT card to be fitted
- Fader Control panel: - includes 8 touch-sensitive motorised faders, solo/mute buttons, 6 digital rotary encoders for modifying EQ, dynamics and aux send levels and much more. Requires the CAT card to be fitted
- 8 inputs and 8 outputs
- real-time architecture
- up to 96kHz/24bit audio
- one button PQ editing
- AIFF, WAV, BWF file support
- professional plug-ins and DirectX support
- segment based automation
- optional hardware control interface with moving fader mixing
- multitrack editing
- project management
- background recording/backup
- backup to AIT, DDS, DLT, DVD-RAM
- 50 undo levels
- sample accurate waveform editing
- fully supports AES-31 interchange
- standard Windows® networking
- 19"rack mount hardware
- AES/EBU & unbalanced analogue I/O on break-out box
- wide range of optional plug-ins