Get up to date with the latest SADiE 5 softwareCambridge, UK: The near-fanatical loyalty of SADiE users is testament to the success of the company, whose products provide all the tools needed for serious radio programme production, high track count location recording, mastering and post production studios as well as large-scale multitrack applications.
Indeed many of these customers are so loyal that they are happily working with much earlier versions of SADiE hardware because they are still achieving perfectly acceptable results.
SADiE 5 Screenshot
However, times have moved on - as has SADiE hardware. The latest Version 5 is much more powerful than any of its predecessors, bringing significant advantages in terms of ease of use, new features and flexibility.
Prism Sound, SADiE's parent company, is keen to encourage existing users to upgrade so that they benefit from the wealth of features that are only available with the latest version. To this end the company is offering a 25% discount off the list price of SADiE5 to any SADiE3 or SADiE4 user who wants to make the switch.
So what are the advantages? For those who still need convincing, here is a quick breakdown:
- Disk drives. SADiE5 can use any disk drive that Windows can use, which means that work can be played directly from or recorded to modern storage devices - IDE, SATA, Firewire, USB, even including flash memory devices. These are all cheaper, higher performance, provide much larger storage and are more future proofed than legacy SCSI drives which are now almost impossible to replace.
- Networking. SADIE5 can record or import & export directly to network drives. All modern PCs have network interfaces and plug and play networking, which are powerful enough for all but the highest track count situations. Remote drives can be used for recording, backup or just as a means to move projects to the internet. Simple networking solutions make it much easier to share projects between users and open projects from any station in a multi-SADIE installation.
- Third Party plug-in support: SADiE5 can run DirectX and VST plug-ins in the SADiE mixer.
- Importing and exporting of MP3 files.
- Improved Series5 hardware performance means that bounces to either WAV file or CD-R can run at up to 10X faster than a SADIE4 platform.
- Larger track counts are supported on PCM-H64 and LRX2 platforms for recording, mixing or playing back. Simplified MTR interface for location recording.
- Mirror Recording to produce an immediate backup copy of location audio files.
- Editing improvements: Editing of grouped clips; Level change of group clips and multiple clips; Stream Grouping for edit or record enabling; High resolution metering in the EDL; Colouring of EDL streams and mixer strips; Normalise function; Speech Edit; 3 & 4 point Source/Destination Edit mode and hundreds of other small interface improvements.
Users wishing to upgrade should also be aware that switching to SADiE5 does not require any re-training because the new version retains all of the essential interface functions of earlier SADiE versions - it just does everything so much better!
For more information about switching to SADiE5, please contact our sales support team at Tel: +44 (0) 1353 648888. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Prism Sound Enhances The SADiE User Experience With A New SADiE 6 Software Upgrade
Expanded functionality and much improved latency figures are just some of the benefits delivered by SADiE V6.1.13 . . . (30th August 2018)
|Pro7ect's 2019 Songwriting Retreat Announces its Second Headline Producer
The exceptionally talented producer/songwriter Gethin Pearson will host the Prism Sound pop up studio at Hotel Pelirocco during Pro7ect's highly collaborative three-day retreat. . . . (31st July 2018)
|Prism Sound and SADiE Help Capture Gregorian Introits in Latin and English
A Lyra audio interface and SADiE 6 software delivered the perfect solution for a complex location recording project at Buckfast Abbey in Devon. . . . (10th June 2018)
|Prism Sound Appoints Sonic Lab as Its Distributor in Taiwan
Based in Taipei, Sonic Lab has an extensive customer base that encompasses local pro audio, broadcast and film scoring facilities. . . . (6th June 2018)
|Prism Sound Boosts Its US Sales Force With Two Key Appointments
Eric Klein and Scott D Ray join the company to promote its world-renowned audio recording products. . . . (19th April 2018)
|Prism Sound's Lyra 2 Brings 'Off The Scale' Sound Quality to US Band UNA
American band UNA are delighted with their new Prism Sound Lyra 2 Audio Interface, which they won at NAMM after entering our prize draw competition. . . . (10th April 2018)
|Prism Sound Sponsors AES Archiving, Preservation & Restoration Conference
The company's audio interfaces and converters are ideally suited to the quality demands of this important market. . . . (28th March 2018)
|SADiE, part of Prism Sound, Embraces ASIO Direct Monitoring (ADM) For Key Interface Products
SADiE workstation software and Prism Sound's Award-winning Atlas, Titan and Lyra audio interfaces can now deliver a more convenient, automated workflow. . . . (17th December 2017)
|William Rowe Joins Prism Sound's Sales Team
A recent graduate from De Montfort University, Rowe is delighted to be part of this highly respected pro audio company. . . . (28th September 2017)
|Airshow Mastering Installs Its Fourth Prism Sound SADiE System
The company pays tribute to Prism Sound's decades of customer support and dedication to quality audio. . . . (18th October 2015)
|SADiE 6.1 is now released
We are pleased to announce the release of SADiE Version 6.1, an update to the acclaimed SADiE6 recording and editing software which is now available for download. . . . (29th August 2014)
|SADiE's new mastering toolkit saves Eric Boulanger "hours and hours"
The new mastering features that SADiE has incorporated into its popular SADiE 6 editing and production software have been hailed as a major improvement by internationally acclaimed mastering engineer Eric Boulanger - not least because they are saving him an enormous amount of time. . . . (27th June 2014)
|SADiE's WAV Master
Announcing a brand new toolset, which is specifically designed for today's 'digital download' age . . . (27th June 2014)
|Peerless Mastering upgrades to SADiE 6 Software
Reflecting an increasingly common pattern throughout the industry, Peerless Mastering's Jeff Lipton has recently upgraded his SADiE software to V6 and bought a Prism Sound Lyra 2 to use with it. . . . (26th March 2014)
See Also: News Archive